Debug in Logicator

Does anyone know how to use the Debug feature in Logicator v3? I have created a simple program based on the AXE 045 datasheet, which I have programmed onto the 08M chip in the PICAXE colour sensor module but I'm not getting any joy. Please help!

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
To use debug you need to:

1) Incorporate the 'debug' cell in the flowchart. A simple test would be

inc A
wait 1
debug

in a loop

2) Then, after you have downloaded this program, go back to the PIC menu and select the 'Debug' menu item. Leave the cable in place.

3) A debug window will then appear on screen. In the example above you should see the value of variable A incrementing every second.

Thanks for this suggestion. It did the trick although I'm still not able to 'read' values from the AXE045 colour sensor but I suspect it might be faulty.
Would I be correct in assuming that I ought to be able to run a simple flow diagram incorporating a 'Debug' command, and three separate 'Count' commands, in which the number of 'counts' recieved within a 50ms time period are assigned to variables A,B and C?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Correct. But remember you also have to set the appropriate outputs (to select the correct R or G or B) between the three count commands.