datalink hanhing (continued)

TGraham

Hi,
Thanks for the last reply under post topic_id=2449&forum_id=15

I've installed the software on a different Pentium III PC, this time with 256MB of memory (most of it showing as free). I get exactly the same type of error, suggesting that the problem is probably not related to odd PC configurations or a simple lack of memory.

A screenshot of the failure is available at http://www.tonygraham.co.uk/picaxe_failure.gif . (It is showing 4 sensors - relative humidity and temperature as address, RH1, T1, RH2, T2)

Alternatively, I've been thinking about your suggestion of downloading in bits: Is the PC-side source code for the datalink available? I would like to be able to modify it, either within your softare or within Visual Basic, so all data can be downloaded properly in one go. (Downloading in pieces using the datalink utility is not really any good to me).

....also, just noticed by using the serial terminal that the datalogger is still sending 'somthing' after the datalink hangs. I've shown the output at http://www.tonygraham.co.uk/picaxe_terminal.gif . Does this give any clues?

Thanks again, Tony

Edited by - TGraham on 3/30/2005 4:24:17 PM

Edited by - TGraham on 3/30/2005 4:27:28 PM

Edited by - TGraham on 3/30/2005 4:34:38 PM

Edited by - TGraham on 3/30/2005 4:47:34 PM

andrewpro

As for the hanging porblem, I dont know.

Looking at the output of the second screenshot though....it looks like the data you get when the baud rate is wrong. Have you tried different baud rates (like 4800?). Sorry if I'm rehashing old things, but I didn't follow the other thread.

TGraham

Hi Andy,
I believe the baud rate is correct (both at 4800).

Could the second screenshot be a red-herring in that if the terminal window capture was not started at the first bit of a byte (since I started the terminal window some minutes after the datalink utility had hanged), then I guess it could be messed up, right, since there is no parity bit being used? In either case, it does show that the Picaxe was still sending data.

I'm hoping someone can still advise about getting a full download into the PC (e.g. other utility / datalink source code).

Cheers, Tony