Custom command

Technoman

Hi,

As in an example given, I have created a custom command, called BEEP, just including a single line of code (sound 6, (125,50)) and a comment.
It works just fine, excepted that I got some trouble in selecting elements then ; one mouse click is selecting an area composed of multiple lines and columns.

Any idea?

Technoman

PS : still unable to copy and paste into a Basic command

nick12ab

You can use Ctrl+V to paste.

Also, the multiple line selection happens when you hold down the shift key - make sure that you have not held down the shift key and that 'Sticky Keys' isn't enabled.

Technoman

Thank you.

Copy/Paste : It works fine for the basic command.

Now, the question is how to paste commands from one flow-sheet to an another. The documentation says it is possible, but I am unable to do it... any clue?
I was able to copy and paste basic code between two flow-sheets using Ctrl+C/V, but not any command. In my last try, I was copying an area containing commands to an empty flow-sheet at the same place ; it did not work!

custom command : I did not press the shift key for multiple selection and 'Sticky Keys' is not enabled. I have restarted my computer and I don't get it any more.

Technoman

nick12ab

Now, the question is how to paste commands from one flow-sheet to an another. The documentation says it is possible, but I am unable to do it... any clue?
I was able to copy and paste basic code between two flow-sheets using Ctrl+C/V, but not any command. In my last try, I was copying an area containing commands to an empty flow-sheet at the same place ; it did not work!
It seems that you can't. The clipboard in Logicator is independent of separate instances of the program and the Windows clipboard so you can only copy and paste a cell in its own flowsheet without closing it and reopening another in the same Logicator window.

Lets say you have Logicator Instance A with Cell A and Logicator Instance B with Cell B. If you copy Cell B and try to paste in Logicator Instance A, nothing happens. If you copy Cell A in Logicator Instance A and try to paste it in Logicator Instance B, Cell B gets pasted. If you try to paste in Logicator Instance A, Cell A gets pasted. This shows that the clipboards are independent.

custom command : I did not press the shift key for multiple selection and 'Sticky Keys' is not enabled. I have restarted my computer and I don't get it any more.
If you have a wireless keyboard, then this could be the cause as occasionally the Ctrl key would seem to stick on mine and nothing would change that until a restart. It doesn't seem to happen any more after I had to replace it since the colon and 1 keys stopped working and it therefore became difficult to use it with PICAXE Programming Editor.

Technoman

Thank you for the demonstration. In the documentation, you can read: 'Use the Cut, Copy and Paste options from the Edit menu to cut or copy selected commands or blocks of commands and paste them either into another part of the same flowsheet or
into a different flow-sheet.' A different flow-sheet... within the same file. It means that you cant reuse parts of previously created flow-sheet... No way?

Technoman

nick12ab

One file can only have one flowsheet.

I get the impression that Logicator was supposed to have multi instance handling and would share the copied cells between instances, but that was never implemented correctly or at all.