Counting Inputs in Logicator

ROGER555

Hello everyone!

I recently ordered my first PICAXE 18M2 and have been messing around with everything for about a week, I know its the noob way for most of you veteran but I'm loving logicator!

I have a question though about the easiest way of counting inputs. I want to start an event based on this input (High/low/High-Hold 3 second input). I have figured out how to make it work by using this below(Input 1 for this example) (Note Accidentally deleted line from start to first event before screen shot)

Decision (Input 1 high yes/no) if yes move forward. wait check for low, if yes wait .5 then check for low, if low wait 1 seconds then check for high again. Wait 1 more if still high then activate procedure.

I know there is a counting function and I can assign a variables that increase with high/low transition but only during a time frame before it moves on. Is there a better way to detect this input pattern?

Any help or tips are appreciated!

Last edited:

ROGER555

This way is fine!
But I don't want there to be specific timing between the input high/low/high-hold, this is a manual input from a button. I just want to count the input/outputs and the hold time at the end, then move on once the pattern is met.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
For the 'hold for 3 seconds' part you can start counting time periods from when the button is pushed. If the time period count reaches the equivalent of 3 seconds then your condition is met, you can activate your event, if the button is is released before that time then you don't activate the event.