convert to 8m2

lbenson

Can you make an attempt first? Post your code within the forum tags "[ code]" and "[ /code]" (without the spaces) so viewers can see the code without having to download and open a file.

You can use the PE6 simulator to check the syntax of your code, and also to walk through it to assure that the pins are behaving as you desire. Of course, you won't be able to see the charlie-plexed LEDs until your hardware is wired up.

Depori

low 0
low 4
high 2
low 0
if 1 on goto 21
low 0
low 4
low 2
high 0
if 3 on goto 33
low 0
low 1
high 2
high 4
if 3 on goto 33
low 0
high 1
low 2
high 4
if 3 on goto 33
low 4
high 1
high 2
high 4
if 3 on goto 33
high 0
high 1
low 2
high 4
goto 1

wait 020
goto 1

lbenson

If you put this code in the simulator, you will find errors (no line numbers (don't use them--use labels), "on" not defined, etc.). Work through them and try to get code that at least passes a syntax check. You may need to read some in Manual 2. Also check Manual 1 for what the pins are used for: https://picaxe.com/getting-started/picaxe-manuals/

If you're not familiar at all with PICAXE basic, download the free PE6 program editor and have a play: https://picaxe.com/software/picaxe/picaxe-editor-6/

Buzby

... you won't be able to see the charlie-plexed LEDs until your hardware is wired up.
I don't think it's a Charlieplex circuit. The LEDs all connect back to 0v.

It looks like a dice circuit, maybe compatible with AXE105.

If so, it could be run in PE6 connected to the dice pcb simulation.

See the AXE105 datasheet, the circuit is virtually identical to the one Depori has posted : https://picaxe.com/docs/axe105.pdf

EDIT : After further investigation, the code posted looks like a garbled version of the code in the AXE105 datasheet. I would just bin that code, and use the one in the datasheet.

Cheers,

Buzby

Last edited:

eclectic

Lance /Buzby

Teerling is Dutch (and Flemish?) for Dice.

I think there is also a language problem here.

@ Depori What language please?

Welke taal alstublieft?

Schrijf in uw taal. Google kan helpen.

e

Last edited:

AllyCat

Hi,

As Buzby has indicated, the AXE105 data sheet is a complete tutorial to making that circuit work, but just a few comments from me. Firstly, IMHO the circuit diagram (even from the data sheet) is "wrong", because it does not show that Leg2 (the serial/programming input) MUST be connected (via a resistor) to ground to make a "real" PICaxe work reliably. Secondly (particularly if your native language is not English), then the .PDF is very long, with too much detail, so I'd suggest looking particularly at the BASIC listing examples, which generally begin with the label main: . Thirdly, the data is rather outdated, so it would be better to replace all the references to pin numbers (e.g. HIGH 0 , etc.) by the modern port.pin names, i.e. HIGH C.0 , etc.. Then the Syntax checker and Simulator within PE{6} should help to solve most of your problems.

Cheers, Alan.

Buzby

Even simpler, just open the AXE105 sample in PE6 ( 'File'/'Open Samples'/'BASIC'/'AXE105 ...'/'08M ...' ).

Then connect the dice simulator ...

Now you can test the code completely in PE6 before trying on the real hardware.

Cheers,

Buzby