Controlling seperate Picaxe chips with highs/lows on inputs/outputs

djmikeys

I am trying to control seperate picaxe chips by simply feeding a high from an output of one chip to the input of the other chip. I thought that this was going to be really simple but for some reason it doesn't seem to work at all. I could do it easily enough by putting a relay in-between the chips but I was wondering if anyone knew why this does not work?

Cheers,
Mike

MartinM57

Absolutely nothing wrong with the idea and relays don't sound like the most optimal solution ;)

Minimise your solution to the smallest set of components that don't work and then post some code, circuit diagrams etc and the forum can take a look.

Last edited:

boriz

“I was wondering if anyone knew why this does not work?”

Only a crystal ball can help with that question, until you provide more info. Like some code, or a circuit diagram.

See if this works (My crystal ball says you are using a 14m):
Code:
'run this on the TX
#picaxe 14m
do
	toggle 0 ' output pin zero, physical leg 13
	pause 500
loop
Code:
'run this on the RX
'put LED on output 1
#picaxe 14m
do
	if pin0=1 then ' input pin zero, physical leg 7
		high 1 ' output pin one, physical leg 12
	else
		low 1
	endif
loop

manie

Yes, sometimes you get so caught up in the problem that the "everyone knows what I'm struggling with" syndrome permeates all else. I must occasionally stop myself to think how to describe the problem to others. Usually, with a schematic and some code, the problem is resolved in just a few posts, unless it is a "yummy" strange one of course !

kewakl

is the darlington chip installed? (in the TX board)
try removing it and replacing it with a resistor pack.

Last edited: