Connecting and programming a picaxe 20m2 to a kiosk (small printer) and also an lcd display (not together)

captnemo

Of my searching on the internet, I could find no info. on how to connect/program a picaxe to a small printer. The guys on the picaxe forum helped a lot, as I am no expert.
There is also an LCD program.
All the programs have been tested using the PDF wiring schematics.
KEEP IN MIND, THE PICAXE PINOUT NOMENCLATURE WILL CHANGE DEPENDING ON WHAT PICAXE YOU ARE USING!

Program 1) Picaxe 20m2 communicating to a 16 character/2 line LCD display using 8 data lines. Text displayed on first line and a variable numerical data on second line.
Program 2) Picaxe 20m2 communicating to a 40 character wide, dot matrix, kiosk printer, using 8 data lines. Text displayed on first line and a constant number
(5 digits) on the second line, followed by a FORMFEED.
Program 3) Picaxe 20m2 communicating to a 40 character wide, dot matrix, kiosk printer, using 8 data lines. Text displayed on first line and variable numerical data on
the second line (max 5 digits), followed by a FORMFEED.
PDF schematic showing wiring between a 20m2 and a 16 character/2 line LCD display using 8 data lines and also the schematic showing wiring between a 20m2 and a
40 character wide, dot matrix, kiosk printer, using 8 data lines.
The LCD display uses an HD44780 chip. You can use this code with an 8 character/2 line display by changing the length of the characters, numerical values and display
setup.
The printer wiring will not be the same for all small printers, neither will the command codes. You should consult the printers manual.
This is not connecting the printer and lcd display at the same time. The LCD wiring and program is just to give you a start to work with LCD display's, as if there isn't
enough on websites

Attachments