Completely NPA - but it is Christmas

inglewoodpete

Mr Psycho was a whoppa and would be really useful when my neighbour parks opposite my drive entrance.
My wife finds the rear bumper of our car does the trick. It's funny how I get the urge to polish the car around the same time.

I wonder why they stopped the series? Boredom?
I didn't think robots got bored. I have to admit that I haven't seen the Robot Wars series since my mid-teen kids were nippers.

John West

I watch so little television that the last time I saw robots fighting, they were flat little 20 kilo things that were attempting to flip each other over.

I see from your link that they have progressed a bit from there.

It would be handy to have a few built up to take to the streets.

slimplynth

It must be all the exercise because at his lower weight he could have become twice as fast in no time; wonder what his secret/let down vice was.. booze n fags i'm guessing.

Haku

I always liked The Master and Thor from the original Robot Wars that started in the US in 1995; The Master is two large spherical wheels that contain the electronics/motors/batteries and different weapons were attached to the axles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tKm82FQu34
My favourite weapon attachment it had was this whip thing, a large triangle shaped piece of something that had long chains with heavy metal weights on the end that were 8 foot away from the axle, it would move backwards/forwards to do the 'whip' action and would beat the other robot to death with the weights. Shame I couldn't find any footage of that weapon.

eclectic

Gordonus Bennetus!

It's getting like a Techno version of
Gibbons' Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire!

Eclecticus

And Dippy seems amazingly knowledgeable
about these subjects. ;-)

Last edited:

Dippy

Knowledgeable ?
Only because I read about it in that catalogue you lent me.

Oh by the way; have you got the keys to those furry hand-cuffs you sold me?

BeanieBots

Whatever happened to the Beeb's 'House Robots' ?
Back of Sheperton Studios last time I saw them but that was quite a while ago now.
Can put you in touch with many of the others if you're interested.
Better still, build one and get yourself along to one of the many contests that still take place.

Dippy

Well, if I had a big one I would.

Once these things go from TV I can imagine that they get taken over by people who are also in the Caravan Club. :eek:

I was really musing over the TV demise as much as anything as it seemed to be popular when it was chopped.
I guess the TV companies have more important things to do with their money...
Examples:- Big Brother , Celebrity House Makeover and I'm a Homosexual Get Me Out of Here.

SAborn

....and I'm a Homosexual Get Me Out of Here.
Well i thought better of you than that. :D

If that's the case then you can cross Oz off your list of destinations.

There's a few i be happy to send your way. :eek:

(Note:..... all said with tongue in cheek and no personal insults implied)

fritz42_male

He can give Adelaide a miss but he'd be at home in Sydney with the Gay Mardi Gras!

(bloody crow eaters! mutter mutter mutter)

papaof2

Oh by the way; have you got the keys to those furry hand-cuffs you sold me?
Doesn't your belt have a pocket for a handcuff key in the back? So you can reach it when your hands are cuffed behind your back?

Both of my "firearm-rated" belts (ones that are stiff enough to not twist under the weight of a hand gun) have that option.

Sorry, forgot that you're in the land of robbers with baseball bats and bobbies with nightsticks, so you probably don't have a source for those belts...

John

Dippy

I usually just stuff my lady's Glock 22 down the front of my speedoes.
I find the tight leather keeps it all in place. :eek:

Actually this is the first time with handcuffs for me, I usually use the zip/cable ties. :cool:

fritz42_male

Oh God I'm ruined! I now have a mental image of Dippy in Speedos with the very visible bulge of a Glock where his p***s should be!

Agghhhhh!!!!!

Dippy

Serves you right.
Where my Justin Trousersnake should be? Bloomin' cheek!
But I think that's enough of that.

slimplynth

finally. my robo-fetish protects me from mental scarring.. i could post a different link but in the interests of decency i'll let interested veiwers (read twisted ones) google "geekologie + robot lover site:www.geekologie.com"

in lieu of the ommision here's a picture of 7 of 9

Dippy

Oh Lord , pass some Cyborg Kleenex to Slimmy. He's one of those. And will probably have a Borgasm.

Did you fancy the 7of9 lookalike they introduced into Startrek 'Enterprise' ?
A Vulcan nice body plus collagen to get schoolboys and Dads (and Slimmy and my Brother-in-Law) glued to the screen.