COMPIM - Com Ports

kfahrner

Hi,
I have been experimenting with the COMPIM object and it works beautifully. Also, the handshake lines as inputs and outputs work well, though the two ouput lines require interfacing to the +/- 12V signal levels. I have two questions:

1. The RI line works as an input, but somehow inconsistently. I wonder if there is some buffer, latch or other logic that makes it behave this way?

2. While the COMPIM works well on my old P4/3000 on COM1 (RS-232) or COM4 (through the Prolific USB-to-Serial Bridge), I am unable to connect it to my more recent DELL notebook.
The notebook has no RS-232 port but 5 USB ports numbered COM8 to 12. The COMPIM object can at this stage only interface to COM1 to 4.

Can the object be extended to accommodate higher port numbers, as the Programming Editor does? Is there a work-around for the intermediate period?
Kind regards

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
1) We will have a look at Ri. The simulated handshakes are just that (simulated) and so are by nature a litle delayed when compares to real signals.
2) You can reallocate your Dell USB com ports to a number between 1 and 4. The AXE027 datasheet explains how to do that (you need to use windows device manager Start>Settings>Control Panel>System>Hardware)