Clocking data - the best way to do it?

westaust55

Thanks Grogster.

Seems that the free software Audacity can do the same thing (convert Stereo to mono) now I have a few minutes to research the topic.

goom

Excellent writeup regarding the SOMO-14D. You have done a great job of distilling the essence of 8 pages of posts into just 2 posts.

I use Wavepad for audio file editing and conversion. I'm not sure that there is still a free download available. Have also used Audacity and EXPStudio Audio Editor.

I am now able to play multiple non-sequential, non-contiguous files. I seem to be losing the very first part of a file which has absolutely no silence at the start. I will experiment further, but am limited as to what I can do since the length of the files is critical in my application. I'll post in "Finished Projects" once everything is working perfectly.

Grogster

Anyone still getting a click on the audio output with the transistor circuit in place?
I am using the NPN/PNP muting circuit as printed in the ver.3 of the SOMO manual, and although I don't get any click at the start of playback :) I still get a small click at the end of the song. :(

It's not mission critical if it is not easily fixed, I just want to find out if anyone else is still having clicks even if they are using the muting circuit.

westaust55

Hi Grogster,

I am using the speaker direct connect terminals as opposed to the audio output though an Op Amp chip. Have not tried the audio pin so unable to comment.

HOOKIE

Bonjour,
Avant d'interfacer le SOMO-14D avec Picaxe j'ai souhaité le faire fonctionner en mode manuel(Key Mode Stand alone) soit avec un push de mise à la masse de la pin 6 Cela ne fonctionne pas
Tension avec alim prof.essai dans les valeurs autorisées découplage avec 220 uf,montage des autres boutons poussoirs,et de la led en pin5,essai fait avec 7 cartes de 2GB de marque essential,ScanDisk,Transcend,HP changé
formatage correct avec procédure "EXECUTER" puis diskmgmt.msc,fichier pour essai de MP3 converti en ad.4 (Valeur 1,80 M0temps en MP3 de 58 secondes),essai fait sur 2 circuits imprimés différents,Je n'y comprend plus rien à l'aide
Remerciements

inglewoodpete

Traduit par Google Translate. (Malheureusement, je n'ai pas utilisé le module SOMO).
Translated via Google Translate. (Unfortunately I have not used the SOMO module.)

Hello,
Before interfacing the SOMO-14D with Picaxe I wanted it to work in manual mode (Mode Key Stand alone) or with a push of grounding the pin 6 This does not work
With power supply voltage in the permissible values ​​prof.essai decoupling with 220 egg, other mounting pushbuttons, and LED in pin5, test done with 7 cards 2GB branded essential, Scandisk, Transcend, HP changed
correct formatting procedure with "EXECUTE" diskmgmt.msc then, to test MP3 file converted ad.4 (value of 1.80 M0temps MP3 58 seconds) test done on two different printed circuit boards, I do not understand anything using
thanks

Grogster

Not sure if you can understand my English, but there should be no reason why that should not work. My prototype test board had both the refined code from this thread, and manual pushbuttons, both of which were working when this thread was last added to by myself. Note that an early version of the manual DID HAVE THE PINOUT WRONG for the control buttons, so make sure you have downloaded the latest manual...

You can find it here:
http://www.4dsystems.com.au/downloads/Audio-Sound-Modules/SOMO-14D/Docs/SOMO-14D-DS-rev5.pdf

Check attached PCB layout image, so you can see where you should have your buttons connected.

It is also vitally important that you copy all the files to the module one at a time to keep them in the right order, or you can use Drive Sort(do a search for it) to rearrange the FAT table on the SD card.

This module DOES NOT like missing numbers in the filename sequence, so all files have to be in correct numerical order - if there is a number missing, all other files after that will be ignored.

Attachments

Last edited:

ajsklar

Check attached PCB layout image, so you can see where you should have your buttons connected.

Hi
Do you have an "Eagle File" for this board you can post ????

Thanks