Circuit problem

tmack

I am having an issue with a circuit I built I was wondering if anyone could give me any help. I am using an 18x with 2 inputs and 8 outputs. The outputs are 8 led type relays (where the "coil" is similiar to how an led works ,I forgot the actual name) If that makes sense to you. I also have my own download circuit on it. Everything seems to work good with my download circuit when I was testing it until I sent out for any of the 8 pins to go high. When I did that it seems to not want to download the next command after that. Kinda sounds to me like I have a grounding problem somewhere any thoughts? I can keep sending commands to "low 1 " or whatever all day without any problems until I send a high 1 ( or any #). I have a 330 ohm resistor before the "led coil" I am wondering if I add a 1k resistor junction here going to ground.... Thanks for any thoughts.

BeanieBots

Also, double check that none of the outputs are connected to anything they shouldn't be.
A common error with 18X is leaving the reset pin floating.
It MUST be pulled high. If it's left floating, changing an output could be enough to cause a reset.