Christmas Display

Bill.b

Hi All

This video is a small part of my Christmas light display.

All the attractions have at least one picaxe and some have up to 4 picaxes to control them

These rang from 08m / M2, 14m2, 18m /m2 and 28x2s. with some additional PIC32MX170 to drive the WS2812 displays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-F2RdG2j3U

Bill

jims

Very impressive Bill.b! I'm curious, what sort of commutator did you use for the LEDs, etc on your spinning displays? JimS

Forced me to do some research & I discovered something new to me..."slip rings" & I suspect that's how you do it. Correct?? JimS

Last edited:

Hemi345

Incredible! It appears you probably used nearly every PICAXE command in the manual on your display. :)

joe paul

Hi Bill,

Thanks for sharing!!! Outstanding!!!!!! Can you elaborate on how you built those rides as well as the control features?

Take care, Joe.

erco

Amazing job Bill! Countless manhours in all those displays. I'm sure you were the Christmas hit of your neighborhood!

Bill.b

Thanks all
Jims
I'm curious, what sort of commutator did you use for the LEDs, etc on your spinning displays? JimS

Forced me to do some research & I discovered something new to me..."slip rings" & I suspect that's how you do it. Correct?? JimS
Yes, I use a number of different types of slip rings and carbon brushes. Most parts are salvaged from old photo copiers, the motor for the majority of the rides I buy from Jaycar

these are sample schematics for one of the rides.

UFO Ride.

UFOControl..jpgUFORotor.jpg

Bill

The bear

@Bill,
Your circuits/schematics are a work of art in themselves.
Keep up the good work.

Regards, Bear..