CHI035 v2 - Is there a documentation error?

slurp

I've an old v2 CHI035 High Power Project Board, it's been sitting on the shelf waiting a simple robotic project, looking at the instructions and working with the board I think the dual power supply documentation is in error.

From Appendix D

If desired (on V2 boards) the Vs pin (pin 8) can be separated by cutting the track betwen pins 8 and 9 and soldering a new supply to pin 8.
When this is done Pin 8 remains connected to both V+ PIC and V+ PWR but Pin 9 (Enable 2) and Pin 16 (Logic Supply Voltage) become isolated although connected to each other.

Removing R9 separates V+ PIC and V+ PWR

Adding a link between Pin 1 and 16 (or 9) restores the required V+ PIC voltage.

While I've made the modifications, checking with a meter, I've still the power up the circuit (I'll be doing this later this evening).

Can anyone with knowledge of the v2 board confirm this?

Remove R9, cut track between pins 8 & 9, add link between pins 1 & 16

best regards,
colin

BCJKiwi

Don't know which version of the manual you are reading but the text in the current PE 5.2.0 is different.

Appendix D shows the two circuit diagrams. The objective is to make the V2 board look the same as the V3 Board.

The current documentation can be accessed from the Program Editor 5.2.0 -Help/Picaxe18 Datasheets/Picaxe18 project boards (CHI030/035);

If desired (on V2 boards) the Vs pin (pin 8) can be separated by cutting the two tracks to pin8 and soldering V+ PIC to pin 9 and V+ PWR to pin 8.

slurp

Don't know which version of the manual you are reading but the text in the current PE 5.2.0 is different.
Hey your right... Thanks, I've not followed that path to the documentation - found version 3.1 31/01/04 on my computer but if you follow the data sheet link at the top of this page to All PICAXE Datasheets you'll find version 3.0 30/01/04

Hmmm, mislead by the current version on the website ;)

best regards,
Colin