CHI030 revb circuit diagram

Wrigley

Hi Picaxe team
I have bought some CHI030 rev b circuit boards and are a bit different to rev a could you please advise me as how to download the new circuit diagram to reflect CHI030B. many thanks.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
There appears to be a conflict of the titles on that page.
Well spotted. I guess that, and the incorrect footer for page 1, both slipped through the net when copying and updating the datasheet some 9 years ago !

As you say the diagram looks correct, it's just the appendix title which is wrong.

I have to admit I cannot recall what the differences are between a CHI030A and CHI030B. The circuits seem exactly the same, the datasheets seem the same except for a few tidying-up edits but I didn't read either in full.

inglewoodpete

I have to admit I cannot recall what the differences are between a CHI030A and CHI030B. The circuits seem exactly the same, the datasheets seem the same except for a few tidying-up edits but I didn't read either in full.
IIRC, the main difference was the provision for a breakout strip of pins between the PICAXE and the ULN2803. This allowed the PICAXE outputs to be accessed directly, rather than the ULN2803's low side switching. When I purchased mine from a local supplier several years ago, I must have got old stock and ended up with a CHI30 (or 30A?), without the breakout pads :confused:.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
IIRC, the main difference was the provision for a breakout strip of pins between the PICAXE and the ULN2803.
That was my thought, but those pins appear to be there on the CHI030A, making that a change from the initial "CHI030".

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Thanks for that "addendum" link, and we have updated the datasheet list to point to the PDF for CHI030B.

I expect it was just an oversight we hadn't done that earlier. The B datasheet will serve for those with an A, and I guess A applying to B was why no one noticed.