Cheap ultrasonic range sensor

boriz

The SR-71 prototype flight was witnessed by the president and he gave a speech, in which he mistakenly referred to the aircraft as the SR-71. It was actually designated RS-71. But after the speech and the flight, it was thought prudent to re-paint the RS-71 as the SR-71.

techElder

The "USA" eBay has about 150 page references to this "SR04." I'm wondering if there's a way to tell if they are all from the same manufacturer?

g6ejd

Visually they all look the same to me. I have 3 such units, all from different eBay suppliers and they all 'look' identical. I can place them on my breadboard and get similar results, but when I measure with more accuracy - e.g. distance, I don't get the same results, I believe this is to do with the Transducers, which although driven by what appears on my scope to be the same signal, they do vary in timing and response.

JimPerry

Visually they all look the same to me. I have 3 such units, all from different eBay suppliers and they all 'look' identical.... I believe this is to do with the Transducers, which although driven by what appears on my scope to be the same signal, they do vary in timing and response.
Everything that leaves the transducer factory gets sold to someone - the same with the completed units --- How much do you want to pay? Do you want .1%, 1% 5% or 10% sir? -- you can guess the rest :confused: