change tone to buzzer

alexthefox

good morning,
is possibile to change tone to a buzer (like a piezo)?
i need to have the same dB of a buzer, bur with minimm 2 tone...
any idea?

eclectic

Sounds

Alex. Look at Manual 2 page 159.

Then try this program on a picaxe.
You can change the output pin.

main:
sound 2,(10,100)
sound 2, (25,100)
sound 2, (50,100)
sound 2, (75,100)
sound 2,(100,100)
pause 1000
goto main

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We think the question was can you change the tone of a buzzer, not create different sounds with a piezo.

The difference with a buzzer is that the frequency is 'pre-programmed' into the device as it has an in-built oscillator. This means it generally makes a fixed tone.

However you can 'play around' by switching the buzzer on and off quickly - this may give the desired effect. pwm, pwmout or sound command may all have an affect on the sound output.

Running the buzzer at different voltages will also have an affect.

alexthefox

i know about different note to sent to a piezo.. what i want to do is to drive somethink like a piezo, but it can do a very high sound like a buzer... this is my problem.. at the tru i need to have 2 different sound... just to clear.. buzer is a piezo with amplifier circuit inside?

Dippy

"..buzer is a piezo with amplifier circuit inside?"
A 'buzzer' is usually a piezo with an osc and amplifier inside.

Your link is common type transducer.
You will need to provide the frequency using your PICAXE as mentioned above, then to get a decent volume/level you will have to make a simple driver circuit. Or with an amp you could pump it up even more.

You will , of course, have noted the 'coil' impedance and the graph showing resonances i.e. the loudest frequencies. So, for an even 2-tone output choose Fs on/near resonances.

Previous post has shown 'sound' (pun intended though not very funny) examples and of course you can play about with pwm type commands as suggested.