Can't load default web pages

geoff07

I'm trying to load the original web pages, without any editing, to prove the process. So I am using the files direct from the PE net/website folder. And I'm getting two 'not implemented' errors: TYPE 1 and PASV. Given that I have not changed anything so far as I know, I'm a bit stuck! Ideas?

Also, is there a reference to the error messages?

Connecting...
220 Ready
USER website1
331 Password required
PASS website1
230 Logged in
Connected!
TYPE I
502 Not implemented
PASV
502 Not implemented
PORT 192,168,1,4,6,141
200 ok
STOR
Send
Disconnected!
Error (10054) The current socket connection has been reset.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The commands seem to have been ignored rather than cause an abort so it may have sent the web pages are requested.

Is this being transfered using a Programming Editor Wizard or an FTP client ?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The 502 not implemented command can be ignored, it is not relevant.

However you should get 4 or 5 STOR replies as the website image is downloaded in several 'lumps', followed by a success message. The error message indicates a network timeout and it is not normal.

geoff07

Thanks for the responses - great support and out of hours too! Appreciated.

I am using the PE wizard to do a straightforward load. I tried again a few times and got the following:

Connecting...
220 Ready
USER website1
331 Password required
PASS website1
230 Logged in
Connected!
TYPE I
502 Not implemented
PASV
502 Not implemented
PORT 192,168,1,4,8,45
200 ok
STOR
Send
150 Transferring data...
Send
Send
Send
226 Transfer Complete
File sent successfully!
Disconnected!

So clearly it worked despite the messages this time, so something must have caused an intermittent fault, although the setup was unchanged. The demo board page is working as expected.

I now know that I can disregard the messages, although as FTP isn't my thing I'm not sure what they mean, which is worrying. I'll persevere and see what happens!