Can not get BAS805.exe to install on XP

gclulow

Congratulations to you on your site and promotion of the PIC device etc. I have the PIC bug and have just downloaded the BAS805 executable PIC editor program from the UK. Trouble is it will not install. I have a P4 1.6gb IBM Pc with 256mb and 30gb of HDD running Windows XP professional (plus all the service packs) – more than enough I think. I have turned off my firewall program, disabled Nortons Virus and shut down every program but the problem does not go away.

Basically I try to install the program from C;\temp but after it has started the install shield it throws up a warning dialog box that says “Error 1324 The path My Pictures contains an invalid character” What on earth it needs My Pictures for I have no idea. I have renamed all the My Pictures folders but no good. Can you help? I have some PIC chips here to setup + lots of enthusiasm but I can not go any further.

Regards

Geoff

VK2UTE

gclulow@csu.edu.au

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
This is a local Windows issue, our installation does not have anything to do with My Pictures!

Try moving the bas805.exe into a new, empty folder rather than the temporary folder. Then restart the machine and try again.