Can new blog posts be made to be shown with "New Posts" click?

lbenson

It just inadvertently came to my attention that there is a whole new (if small) world of picaxe stuff out there behind the "Blogs" link. I've never looked at it before. Is there a forum setting behind the scenes which would enable new blog posts to appear in the list when the "New Posts" link is clicked?

They don't seem to appear more often than about once a week, and a significant percentage of them are actually questions (never answered) which should have appeared on the main forum.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I don't know if there is any way new blog posts can be shown along with new forum posts. Clicking the "Blog" link in the header bar at the top of the page should show posts in the most recent order posted.

Blogs are really for what people have done rather than for asking questions which should be asked on the forum.

I don't think we would have too much problem if people advertised in the forum when they have contributed something substantial and useful on the blog or elsewhere.

I don't know what the solution is to people asking questions on the blog when they should be asking here. Including new blog posts with new forum posts might just blur the separation and cause confusion because blogs aren't how the forum is.

newplumber

I don't know if this is helping but would it be to hard to put on the top where it says "forum" and maybe put "live" in front of it or something
because when i first came here I used blog thinking thats where you ask questions ...my two cents anyway

Flenser

Hippy,

At the moment what is displayed on the the "What's New" page is only the search results for New Posts.

Could the results for the "New Blog Entries" search perhaps be added to the body of the "What's New" page?

My preference would be for the new blog posts results to appear as their own seperate section and not mixed in with the new posts results.
Updated: I take this last comment back. New blog entries are so infrequent that I don't really care about how the search results that included them might be presented on the What's New page. I suspect that what is possible to implement using the forum software will be more important then whether the results are mixed together or not.

Last edited:

cravenhaven

Wow!!, thanks for raising this. I didnt realise I was missing out on all those interesting posts in the Blog section as I always use the "new posts" link.