Can anyone help?

gss

Hi

I am an electrician by trade and have a problem with a project I have been dumped with, I have no idea about microchips but have a picaxe 18 standard project board with a picaxe 18m2 chip, on an existing unit that I have been trying to copy had 4 inputs on the C side of board which are 4 momentarily switches and im trying to achieve, 4 ouputs on the b side of the board to operate 4 6v relayd and 4 leds each one operating when one of the input push buttons is made, dropping out the previous relay and led that was made. I have copied the existing board and wondered why this didn't work, only to find out that the chips have to be programmed, I know nothing about programming nor do I have the usb lead that I apparently need to do this and wonder if there is somebody in the swindon area who can please help out and program the chip for me. I am willing to pay for your time, if you can help then please contact me at ...... for . Thanks

Edited to remove email address.
The spammers will get you!

ec

Last edited by a moderator:

eclectic

Welcome to the Forum gss.

You're sure to get plenty of help here.
No need for emails.

In the meantime, could you supply

1. A schematic or a photocopy of the hand-drawn circuit.

2. A couple of HQ photo's.

3. The information printed on the board.
There are two 18 pin boards, old and new.

e

Last edited:

mrburnette

... I apparently need to do this and wonder if there is somebody in the swindon area who can please help out and program the chip for me. I am willing to pay for your time, if you can help then please contact me at ......
Obviously, I can not help from Georgia, but consider you will need a weebit more assistance than just having a programming cable; which is, some simple software will need to be written. Swindon College, Dorcan Technical, and perhaps other pre-university schools are likely to teach PICAXE programming and a well versed student would likely "jump" at the opportunity to assist you with the project.

- Ray

eclectic

Ray's suggestion sounds fine, if possible.
Thinking further:

1. The Forum provides a program, after consultation with you.
2. Perfection is a local who comes and programs for free.
3. You drive to a Picaxer, who can download a program.

A fourth.
Once you feel that you're ready,
buy your own AXE027.
It may be cheaper than the petrol.

And, you've made a small start to a new skill. :)

And most Forumites communicate by Private Message.
See Notifications on the very top line of this page.
If it changes colour, you've got a message.
e

mrburnette

<...>
And most Forumites communicate by Private Message.
See Notifications on the very top line of this page.
If it changes colour, you've got a message.
e
Affirmative:

ANYONE up to the challenge of helping "gss" should use the Notification system since one-on-one dialog, telephone numbers, etc. are best handled off-public forum pages.

ANYONE with knowledge of how local "resources" could be secured may wish to post to the public forum IF they think such information is of a broader interest. I am certain that "gss" is not the first or last individual that could use a bootstrap to start a healthy hobby in PICAXE... everyone has to start somewhere and sometimes a deadline for success comes before the knowledge level attainment for the product. I surely have been in this situation before.

- Ray

Last edited:

Dippy

"If it changes colour, you've got a message."
- mine doesn't.
I wish it damn well would as it doesn't exactly stick out or poke you (visually) in the eye to let you know :)

eclectic

"If it changes colour, you've got a message."
- mine doesn't.
I wish it damn well would as it doesn't exactly stick out or poke you (visually) in the eye to let you know :)
It may be a browser thingy.
(I'm using IE8)

Also, try the
My settings General settings.

There's a great PopUp that leaps out like a
Jack in the Box. :)

e

Attachments

Dippy

Cheers Ec.
I've got "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up" already set.
Is that the one? I never POp up.

It must be a Browser thing.

Dippy

Thanks Ec. I've sent you a PMT.
My notification thing does do as your image shows, but it's not exactly in-your-face is it.
Anyway, job done. Cheers.