Budget Serial MP3 Player Input Format...

I am in need of know what serial standard is used when a picaxe is communicating with the budget serial MP3 player? Is it a standard RS232 format? I am trying to communicate with an RS232 port and write a program that communicates with my picaxe chips and the MP3 players...
Thank you
Brian...

neiltechspec

Surely your able to do something for yourself !

Ask a vague question - expect a vague answer.

Last edited:

julianE

Brian, please ask your questions in the Arduino forum instead.

They will love you over there.
I had no idea about the Arduino forum, what a disaster. not just the forum but the gestalt. i was trying to work out how to program ATTiny chips that i've had forever, most every library/example program was error ridden, I finally stumbled on an example that i was able to fix and get an LCD working. Idea was to get around some picaxe limitations. Then, I start reading the forum about software serial and it's pulling teeth to implement. no thanks. The Ard**** forum is a passive aggressive haven. Nothing but snippy comments. Thank you all the picaxe forum habitues, it's the most civilized corner of the internet and in the case of erco the highest level of bling, that sun micro ring says it all.

inglewoodpete

I am in need of know what serial standard is used when a picaxe is communicating with the budget serial MP3 player? Is it a standard RS232 format? I am trying to communicate with an RS232 port and write a program that communicates with my picaxe chips and the MP3 players...
Thank you
Brian...
@Flashlightstation, while some of the replies above show frustration with your original post, I think it would serve you well to re-read it. Your post is pretty ambiguous to me.

I have had a look at Rev-Ed's online PICAXE store: there are three MP2 Modules available: 1) "Serial MP3 Module"; 2) "VMusic2 MP3 module" 3) "PICAXE-14 Audio Project Kit".

Are you referring to a Rev-Ed product or some other MP3 player that you have found on the internet? There are many that will interwork with a PICAXE chip. If it is one of the Rev-Ed modules, have you downloaded and understood the datasheet provided?

Regardless, if you include a link to the player that you are referring to, preferably your module's data sheet, and post questions on exactly what you don't understand, I'm fairly sure you'll get more helpful replies. Practically everyone on this forum will volunteer their time and related expertise to help people who describe their problem clearly.

Last edited:
Sorry about my ambiguous original question.. I was just wondering if anyone knew what serial communication standard the SPE035 MP3 player uses to communicate with a picaxe chip..
thanks
Brian