Black Friday Week Sale Deals - up to 90% off

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
This week the PICAXE store has a number of end of line / over-stocked items at very special pricing of up to 90% off.

Sale items include robot kits, superseded PICAXE microcontrollers and project kits.

Limited stock of each item so first come first served!

http://www.picaxestore.com/index.php/en_gb/black-friday-deals.html

BLACK FRIDAY WEEKEND FLASH SALE - Use the coupon code 'BF15' to get an extra 15% off your entire basket, even sale items, for new orders over £30 in value placed between Black Friday and the end of Cyber Monday (28 Nov 2016).

Last edited:

rjandsam

Thanks Technical,
50x 40x2 3v £69 delivered what a bargain for very little difference to the current version, thankfully I allowed for a sot-3 3v regulator on all my pcbs to allow for all variants :D.

Rich

erco

So tempting, Technical!

Are those scrapped Picaxe web servers all similarly defective, or is there a chance that two or more could be Frankensteined together to make a working unit?

AllyCat

Hi,

As I read it, there is only one, intended to cannibalise for some of the useful components (listed). But at that price I'm surprised it hasn't been snapped up already. ;)

Cheers, Alan.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
So tempting, Technical!

Are those scrapped Picaxe web servers all similarly defective, or is there a chance that two or more could be Frankensteined together to make a working unit?
There are 100+ and they probably do work ok, surplus stock rather than defects. But its a discontinued product and so they are being sold as scrap - but still a very cheap way to get a RTC, eeprom and 16x2 LCD.

darb1972

Can I purchase (being in Australia) or is it only for those lucky enough to be in the UK?

I gather the local Australian distributor (Wiltronics) won't be mirroring these specials??? If I can purchase direct do you have any ideas on freight costs to NSW Australia?

Regards,
Brad

Bill.b

HI Brad

I just ordered the PICAXE-28X2 Versabot for AU$41.00 + AU$14.00 postage. Generally the delivery time is about 8 days.

I always order direct from UK as it generally works out cheaper than the local suppliers.

Bill

darb1972

G'Day Bill

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if they have a flat rate or if it goes on weight, but, either way, that freight amount (and delivery time) seems more than reasonable. You're only about 2 hours (via car) South of me so the costs are probably similar.

I try to support/use the local distributor when possible, but I can't ignore the awesome sale prices.

Time to flog the credit card!!!

Regards
Brad

darb1972

OK so I'm in the middle of my shopping frenzy and thought I might pickup a few of the cheap PICAXE chips to finish off the purchase, but, I noticed that they are all marked as containing older firmware versions. While I'm keen to grab a few chips at a great price I have a couple of questions.

Can anyone direct me to the list of PICAXE firmware revisions?

Does RevEd know the firmware versions of the chips on sale?

As said, I wouldn't mind getting some chips at bargain prices but I also wouldn't mind checking that the older version isn't too "buggy".

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
They are older generation chips (e.g 20M, as opposed to the latest 20M2). This does not mean they are buggy, just an earlier generation silicon chip. They will be the final firmware version for that particular silicon (before it was superseded by new silicon).

darb1972

Thanks Technical. That clears things up.

So does that mean the likes of the 40X2 5V SMD and the 40X2 3V SMD are now superseded? What replaces them? An X3 version perhaps? :)

Tricky Dicky

Technical

Trying to order some Black Friday stuff and checkout does not seem to be working I cannot get beyond shipping method.

Richard

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Appears to be working as normal, we have many orders coming through. Please check your address is set correctly. If all else fails try another browser (which browser are you using?) in case you have a cached local page.

Buzby

£1.00 PICAXE NET Servers arrived today.

First three up and running !!!

Two more to test.

( It was the necessity of getting TCP/IP running on a PIC many years ago that put me in touch with Rev-Ed, and that's how I discovered PICAXE ! )

EDIT: Bad news is, there is no Wizard in PE anymore :(

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Thanks Technical, I was using Safari on an iPad when it would not let me get onto the page to make the payment. I switched over later to the laptop and IE and it all went through OK. Can only surmise it was volume of traffic.

Richard

Buzby

I just downloaded it. I was uncertain if it would run in Win 10, but it seems OK so far.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
BLACK FRIDAY WEEKEND FLASH SALE - Use the coupon code 'BF15' to get an extra 15% off your entire basket, even sale items, for new orders over £30 in value placed between Black Friday and the end of Cyber Monday (28 Nov 2016).

nick12ab

Shame they didn't switch to OLEDs for that final production run of NET servers ;)

I see the Chip Factory is still for sale (at the original price) - is that still popular?
I see you can only buy 10,000 of those per order. That discount code makes them really tempting, dropping the price from £1,862,500 to just £1,583,125 + VAT.

Goeytex

Couldn't resist. Just ordered 5 of the net servers. If one works I will be tickled. Certainly can use the parts.

darb1972

Hi Goey. I hadn't seen you around the forum of late. I was a bit worried as I've always appreciated your input and assistance on my somewhat intermittent project efforts! Good to see you around.

I order 3 of the net servers. Total bargain. I also ordered a heap of other stuff including a few scopes to play with. Also grabbed two of the GLCD modules. Bagged myself a bunch of specials. Can't wait for all of it to arrive!!! Merry (early) Christmas to me!!!