Black Friday One Day Sale [now expired]

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
To celebrate the busiest online shopping day of the year we are offering:

20% off everything
for 1 day only (minimum spend £10.00) at www.techsupplies.co.uk

Add your items to your basket as normal and then use coupon code BLACKFRI at checkout.
Valid for new orders placed from 00.01 until 23.59 GMT on Fri 23 Nov 2012 only

McAlester

Black Friday is the shopping day after Thanksgiving (always on a Thursday in the US).
Traditionally, businesses losing money record their entries in their account books in red ink. If they become profitable (as they hope on a heavy shopping day) they record their entries in black ink - thus the name.
Mac

John West

It figures. I bought over US $200 worth of PICAXE chips 2 weeks ago. Sigh. My timing is always just about perfect. I wash my car the day before a rainstorm, too. Ah well, the chips are well worth it at full price, so I have no complaint. Where else can one get a thousand dollars worth of engineering support for the price of a $4 chip?

westaust55

Thankyou Technical & Rev Ed.

I have occassionally considered purchasing direct from TechSupplies but never quite got a round tuit and in the past purchased PICAXE related items from MicroZED (RIP) and Altronics in Australia.

Your incentive is my incentive and a first order placed direct with TechSupplies . . . . :)

gets my thumbs up :)

Last edited:

Bill.b

I have occassionally considered purchasing direct from TechSupplies but never quite got a round tuit and in the past purchased PICAXE related items from MicroZED (RIP) and Altronics in Australia.
You will find bying direct from Techsupplies will same you heaps compared to the local suppliers. I always buy from techsupplies will great savings even with postage included. Delevery is appreximatly 8 days to NSW.

Bill

John West

Oh no. The answer came from Technical. Now I feel like the guy with the magic lamp who wasted one of his three wishes on something stupid.

erco

Oh no. The answer came from Technical. Now I feel like the guy with the magic lamp who wasted one of his three wishes on something stupid.
Gee, I wish I hadn't wasted that first wish on that stupid thing.

POOF! Now two wishes gone... :)

bfgstew

Just ordered some goodies from Tech supplies including the AXE091, so thanks again Tech supplies / Rev-Ed.

Paix

I am going to have a play with the URF/ERF combo and also some IR stuff. I have been putting it off for a short while, but 20% discount is incentive enough to buy now.

In the beekeeping world the big suppliers have regular sales where otherwise high prices appear to become nearer to the general idea of sensible. We stock up with the bulk stuff that we know will be needed in the spring when the cost of not shopping early is uncomfortable.

Because the sales normally come around at a time when business would otherwise be slack because the cash is being spent elsewhere, it changes the spending priorities and causes people to dig just a little bit deeper.

Because I can make a small but significant saving and those devices etc. that I would probably buy in a few months time I have bought now and I am very grateful for the discount that Rev Ed have given me. I would have bought more, but alas someone was offering sugar at £19.99 for 15lg and I blew a lot of pennies on 75kg of sugar for my girls. As a stock item I hasten to add, as the bees are already fed and bedded down for the winter.

I hope that Rev Ed find that it's been a great stimulus for business and consider making tempting us again from time to time.

@John West, you will have to keep a few dollars under the mattress for the unexpected. Heartfelt commiserations.

marzan

I am going to have a play with the URF/ERF combo and also some IR stuff. I have been putting it off for a short while, but 20% discount is incentive enough to buy now.

Totally agree. That makes the modules affordable. Order placed. Some extra 28x2`s will also come in handy at that price :)

Haku

I've got enough Picaxes to last me a good while though I was tempted to get the URF/ERF combo for its wireless programming capability, but weighed things in and realised I'm happy with not spending £26+ just to eliminate one cable :D

Paix

I forgot a slack handfull of DS18B20 sensors, but I'll survive. I'm going to monitor the bees at the bottom of the garden during the winter. Wire isn't much of an option really. Packet arrived in the morning post. Dead chuffed. Thanks again Rev Ed and Technical. Aw, you too Hippy! Even better,. the OH wasn't in when the postman called, so she is none the wiser, so I might just get to spend money again. She counts what she sees and not what I actually buy. :)

westaust55

Friday 30th November was a Great Friday here, as my Black Friday order arrived after just 7 days :)

Thanks again to Technical and Rev Ed

ZOR

Thanks for refreshing this posting, I sat with my breakfast thinking yipee 20% off my order yesterday. Like winning the lottery then finding you didn't.
I'll get on with my day now.

Paix

Are you sure those bee boxes are full of bees and not a stash of picaxe chips and other stuff hiding from the wife.
It's a fact that the chips don't seem to be flying in this cold weather, so you could well be right.