Biped

Denzel

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for helping me with my biped project I have now entered it into a competition so thanks :)

BeanieBots

Please put a small write-up here and links to the competition would be nice.
Also, don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Denzel

--

Hey sorry for the late response (1 year eek)

I entered my biped in the ETITO bright sparks competition last year and came 1st in the 16 age group.
I went to Auckland and Christchurch to show off my project at the ETITO Brightsparks winners event.
I was also nominated for realise the dream, with which I got into.
I spent a week in weir house with other top "science" students which included dinner with the governer general at government house.

My project "Biped" is a simple bipedular robot that walks forwards in an arc until it senses an obstacle with its ultranonic pair. It then reverses at a different arc ( faster speed so feet slip more therefore tighter arc) and carries on on a different tangent.

I had fun working on this project and have learnt alot for future years. I have just entered this years project and am awaiting the results. It is a tank style robot with 3 servo robotic arm with a Claw, two way wireless audio, wireless video, laser guidance for the claw, gas, temperature and light sensors all controlled wirelessly from the Xbee modules (not the video or 2 way audio). I also have a visual basic programme i wrote to control it if you plug the xbee controller into the serial port which allows you to gt 'live' gas/temp readings and store them in a text file aswell as controlling the robot.

Attachments

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Well done and congratulations. Even the world's most complicated and so far most successful bipeds started near this level and some invariably did not work as well.