Better Terminal Window !!!

DStewert

I have come across a free windows based program designed for a line of digital
I/O products in the U.S.A that can easily talk with picaxe controllers using serial comms. I have a 40x2 monitoring various sensors in my home and reporting
their status to the "MODCOM" program. This program is totally customizable in that you can create various text/data windows to display your sensor status/output/value etc.Using conditional statements the program can analyze
serial data from the picaxe and display in the designated window.The program
can even make a call to another program if a condition is true or false. It also
has a data logger capability. I will attach some screen shots of my setup.You just tell the program which com port to monitor, create some text windows and conditional statements and you are off and running.
http://www.weedtech.com/ modcom software

Cheers

Attachments

DStewert

additionally

I leave the MODCOM program running when i'am away so that i check
the status of my home using a remote access program like Logmein.
Does anyone know of a simple email program that MODCOM could call
if an event occurs ?

ckoehn

It doesn't look like it is free. It said it is for evaluation purpose only. Or is there another one available.

Clint

DStewert

modcom

The program is for evaluation ,demonstration and personal use.
I'am using it for personal use only so no problem there.

rbright

Basic Example Available?

This looks very interesting - Can you give a very basic example with a picaxe communication with a basic GUI put together using this program showing the status of the picaxe inputs maybe even with some digital and analog inputs and outputs.
I agree the licence reads as being free for personal use.

I got the same error message, but downloaded it again and it worked the second time.

It looks a very interesting application and may be just what I have been looking for. Thanks for the link!

John West

Running XP. here. My first run failed as well. But I simply tried to open it a second time and it came right up. Now I'll see if it can read and display the picaxe data. It looks very handy.

Last edited:

MPep

I downloaded, extracted and ran install, all on the first go. No problems encountered.
On XP MCE, and using IZarc to decompress.

Last edited:

allison1947

More info needed

I too would like more info - Can you give a very basic example of a picaxe communicating with this program please. Allison