Best cheap addressable audio MP3 player?

premelec

I'm thinking of a project [arty] that would have a three dozen selectable MP3 files of 20 seconds or so to be controlled by PICAXE 14M2 - Looking in archives I didn't find any definitive recommendation. LoFi sound ok [voice] Please make suggestion... perhaps with files on SD card... thanks...

tmfkam

Those DFPlayer modules are superb. I can't recommend them highly enough. With an inbuilt power amplifier of very good quality or pre-amp level outputs they are easy to connect to either loudspeakers directly or to existing amplifiers.

I'm sure I posted in a thread elsewhere how I interfaced them to an external USB socket/memory stick?

I'd been trying to use a unit from VLSI, which I had working programatically. Sadly, I really needed external access to the memory device. As the VLSI only offered built in microSD, I was in the process of re-drawing the circuit and PCB for the module when I had the DFPlayer module pointed out to me. Built in microSD and support for external USB. Just what I needed.

Krafter

I have a couple of MDFLY modules. They are a little quirky but one you figure them out, they work really well.

http://www.mdfly.com/products/sd-sdhc-card-mp3-wav-module.html