Beep with "sound"

catalina

This is part of the output code for an 08M
Code:
Alarm:
	sound 1,(200, 50,0,50,100,50,0,50,50,100,0,50)
	wait 1
	goto alarm
There is no problem with the syntax or the simulation.

However, with the
[color = blue]
"beep whilst simulating 'sound' commands"
[/color]
box checked (under View, Options, Simulation menus) no beep is produced during simulation. PC sound is ok

Is this sound profile too rapid for the simulator or is there some other setting I should make?

Ken

kevrus

I just copied and pasted your code into the simulator and I got sound out. Didnt try it in an actual 08M but the simulator works ok for me. As a matter of interest, i recently used the 'sound' command and varying the settings doesnt affect the simulator beep length or pitch, in fact adjusting the length of sound in the code just increases the delay before hearing the beep in the simulator.

catalina

Beep with'sound'

Thanks kevrus for running the code.
I downloaded latest sound drivers in the hope this was my problem, but no joy. Do you have any suggestions?

Rickharris

Selecting the beep whilst running sound option simply makes a short beep rather than the sound. - This works on my machine here with your code and editor ver. 5.1.5.

Selecting the beep off allows your sound to play. - also works fine. can you play other sounds OK?

catalina

Beep with 'sound'

That's got it. Turning the beep off allows sound to play okay and there seem to be a beep at the begining of the sound.

Thanks for the assistance

administrator

Administrator
Staff member
The beep option is pretty obsolete on modern computers. It was an older option that allowed school computers without soundcards to simulate sound wth a system beep via the motherboard speaker. Doesn't really apply to modern computers!