Battery Voltage Source

adumas77

Hi... I selected from the components library a DC battery... When I add it to my circuit - everything works... However, I edited the properties of the battery and defined it as 12V... When I tie a dc voltage meter to the circuit, the voltage always reads 5V... Should I be able to define different voltages and view the correct value via the virtual DC Voltage instrument?

Labcenter

Should I be able to define different voltages and view the correct value via the virtual DC Voltage instrument?
Yup - can you post your design if you are still having problems so we can have a look.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
There are two faults:
1) The top of the 12V battery is not connected. Right click over the battery, select drag and move it down. You will then see the issue.
2) The 12V rail that is meant to be from the top of the battery (but is incorrectly connected) is also connected to a 5V 'power' node. Remove this incorrect 5V power connecton.

adumas77

Thanks for the advice.. I made the changes and it seems to be working fine... However, since this is a learning example for me, could you just verify that I did it correctly... If any other things are glarringly wrong, could you let me know - feel free to edit the file...

I'm commited to using this tool, so I really want to learn as much as I can about it...

Attachments