Bang & Olufsen BeoLink 1000 Remote Control

tonto2k

Hi Everyone :)

I am interested in making a IR remote window rollerblind. I want to use my existing B&O remote as it controls my TV and Stereo.

My plan is to rig up an Infrared receiver and debug the signal received from the remote control. What I am wondering is if I can decode the signal would I be able to write a program to operate the rollerblind motor using the signal from the remote?

Hope someone can help please ? :)

Cheers,
Tonto.

BeanieBots

The big question is if you can decode the signal. The rest is easy.
If you can't find the data, then a 'scope trace might help.
At least it would give an indication of timings and if they are slow enough for a PICAXE to decode on the fly.
(or will you 'decode' in hardware?)

BeanieBots

You need to "know", anything else is just guesswork.
The 455kHz will be the carrier. That tells you what type of reciever you will need, but you also need to know what the protocol is.

Once you have built a receiver, you could use a storage 'scope to capture the sequence for each button and then reverse engineer the protocol.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I am interested in making a IR remote window rollerblind. I want to use my existing B&O remote as it controls my TV and Stereo.
It should be possible as long as you have a key combination on the remote which controls blinds and doesn't affect TV etc, and of course vice-versa, doesn't affect blinds when you alter the TV.

B&O do seem to use a 455Khz carrier so you'll need an appropriate IR receiver. Then you need to know the protocol and hope it's slow enough to use with a PICAXE. The following suggest that it is -

http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4467

That 'same as last' pulse adds some complexity but should be easy enough; store the bits as 0, 1 or 2 where 2 means 'same as last' then replace every 2 with what precedes it. The codes should be consistent so they should be the same every time so you could leave as is and then simply match them to what you expect. You may not have to handle all bits.

If you have a scope or logic analyser it will be much easier to do.

tonto2k

Hi Thanks for the replys and sorry for the late reply off myself ! ! !

I have looked further into the subject and it seems I can use a TSOP7000 IR Receiver which has a carrier frequency of 455Khz.

They sold them in Farnell however they no longer stock the item :(

I cannot for the life of me find an alternative 455khz IR reciever !

I think I could use a TSOP 5700 which has the same carrier frequency but I can't get hold of one of them either !!

Any help would be very appreciated :)

Paul.

tonto2k

I haven't been able to source a 455khz IR reciever so I am going to have to salvage one from an old Bang & Olufsen TV, Bit of a waste but the TVs broke anyway !

MPep

In that case, where's the waste?? The real waste would have happened if you didn't remove the sensor and threw out the TV.
Recycle and reuse where you can.