AxePad cannot compile PICACXE08, missing 08 exe compiler

noordwyk

I have a Vista setup that crashed frequently on USB with my Programming Editor.
Today I installed AXEpad. Looks Easy to use, but I cant download to an 08 chip.
Luckily I had an 08M to finish my project, but I would like to download the 08 compiler.
Please help, need to program a class set soon.

Attachments

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Sorry about that, it appears that the 08 compiler has escaped the install packaging process.

If you have downloaded the 5.2.2 Programming Editor I believe you should be able to copy the picaxe08.exe compiler from there to the path indicated in the error message.

ArnieW

I just installed the 5.2.2 programming editor update and I'm now getting a similar message.

From inside the Program Editor I click on the 'Program' button or press F5, a general Windows error (send to microsoft) comes up, and under the editor I get 'Error:53 File not found' in a dialog box. Once I clear this I get a further message: 'the following path is invalid: c:\program files\programming editor\compiler\axe28x1_0.exe'

I can verify that the file does exist on my system.

Before the update all worked ok.

I updated with the patch option. When this did not work I reinstalled the full version. The result was the same.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
@ ArnieW : After some testing I've partly managed to duplicate the error.

It looks like it only affects some programs, only when using 28X1/40X1 firmware A.0, and only when it comes to downloading. Clear Hardware Memory and Syntax Check should be okay.

We will resolve the issue for the next release / patch.

As a stop-gap, copying "picaxe28x1_0.exe" to "axe28x1_0.exe" should resolve the problem.

Last edited:

ArnieW

@ ArnieW : After some testing I've partly managed to duplicate the error.

It looks like it only affects some programs, only when using 28X1/40X1 firmware A.0, and only when it comes to downloading. Clear Hardware Memory and Syntax Check should be okay.

We will resolve the issue for the next release / patch.

As a stop-gap, copying "picaxe28x1_0.exe" to "axe28x1_0.exe" should resolve the problem.
thanks Hippy - the workaround was successful - I can now program ok.