AXEpad / Basic / Picaxe BOOK ?

revtor

Hey all, I am running MacAXEpad, using 08M picaxe education boards, everything is running well, I'm pretty happy. I soldered the board and got the photosensor controlling the three LED's within an hour.. : )

One thing I would love though is an actual book containing, explaining, and showing example code of all the commands available to use in the programming. Yes, there is the PDF of the commands, but many of them have no code examples and some of the examples have to be changed to work..

Is there such a book anywhere? even an independent thing.. To have a few copies available for my students would be great.

thanks for any leads.
~Steve

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The tutorials in part 1 of the manual do this (looks like you have looked at part 2).
www.rev-ed.co.uk/docs/picaxe_manual1.pdf

Also have a look at some of the project kit datasheets e.g. the Cyberpet sheet will describe much of what you are after with LDR sensors etc:
www.rev-ed.co.uk/docs/axe101.pdf

There is a commercial book available, but will probably be a bit advanced for what you are doing at present. All datasheets can be printed for use in a school. We tend to avoid 'traditional' style text books because they very soon become dated.

BeanieBots

There is a slightly dated book by David Lincholn with mixed reviews.
(I don't have it so cannot make any real comment).

There is also the finished projects section here.
Any project itself might not be exctly what you want, but for example if you wanted an LCD menu system for a temperature controller, the battery charger project has a menu system that could easily be modified.
Have a read through a few of them. Most topics are covered one way or another.