AXEpad 0.1.4 now available

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We have just uploaded AXEpad v0.1.4, which includes the updated 0.8 compilers.

The main purpose of this release is to:
1) support the new X2 parts
2) fix the 'Problem opening .Asm as TextInputSteam' issues experienced on some 10.4.x Macs.

fisheggs

Still problems with home/end keys

I know it's not mentioned in "The main purpose of this release is to. . .", but the problems with the home/end keys (reported in the "Linux AxePad" thread) are still present in 0.1.4.

Squeak, squeak :).
Nigel (the wheel)​

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
And thats still appears to be an issue with the underlying library code which we will take a look at :)

New versions of the Programming Editor, AXEpad and compilers are released to support new chips, to add capabilities and to fix bugs, but that does not necessarily mean a release will fix all reported bugs, and it is not always possible to hold back releases until all pending investigations are completed and tested. Some bugs are straight forward and we can fix those quickly but some are more complicated or only affect certain platforms, distributions or OS's and they are harder to track-down and fix. On top of that, like everyone else, we need to prioritise what we do.

Last edited:

fisheggs

Thank you for looking into it.

I'm properly put in my place by the second paragraph, a most well written and comprehensive summary of all software development.

Nonetheless, I assume you do want bug reports, and the continued existance of a bug in a new version is an additional data point.

Are these fora the correct place for bug reports, or is there some form of a bugzilla style tracking system that would be better?

Cheers,
Nigel

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, we do want to know about bugs and receive feedback, and this forum is the best place to give them. Plus I'll accept 'how are you to know if a particular bug has been fixed or not, or is meant to have been but was not' in any release. Something we will bear in mind.