AXEpad 0.1.3 Now Available

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We have just uploaded AXEpad v0.1.3, which includes the updated 0.7 compilers.

The main purpose of this release is to fix the 'program containing gosubs won't download' which only affected the Mac Intel compilers.

The other Mac issue affecting some ('Problem opening .Asm as TextInputSteam' ) is a strange one. It basically occurs because the 'report' text file from the compiler is not generated correctly, but this only seems to happen on some Mac setups - we cannot reproduce the issue here. We believe it is to do with permissions/temporary path. Therefore if you experience the issue it would be very useful if you could use the Help>Configuration report menu and email the report to picaxe at rev-ed dot co dot uk This will help us get to the bottom of the issue asap!

0.1.3 (beta)
- (All) Added configuration report to Help menu
- (Mac) Fixed MRU (no documents open) crash issue
- (Mac) Fixed Intel compiler failure to download when using gosub command
- (Mac) File dirty 'dot' within Mac red 'close button' now works correctly
- (Mac) Added MacTempPath option to ini file
- (All) Updated to v0.7 compiler files

0.1.2 (beta)
- (All) Added 'Save in Unix file format' option
- (All) Added 'Code Explorer Width' option
- (All) Fixed debug display for X1 parts
- (Linux) Fixed Save-Cancel crash issue
- (Windows) Added missing picaxe08.exe compiler file
- (Mac) Added AXEpad allocated Mac Creator Code ("PAXE")

0.1.1 (beta)
- First Public Release

fisheggs

Could LinAXEpad remember it's geometry??

Every time LinAXEpad starts up on my Ubuntu 8.04 box, it starts sized about 661x468 pixels; whereas I prefer to run about 868x568 (which gives me about 25 lines of 80 char displayed, with a reasonably wide "Code Explorer").

Could LinAXEpad remember it's last used geometry? Or even have a configuration option to set it?

As an aside, there still seems to be a home/end key problem, please see my post in the "Linux AxePad" thread.

fisheggs

While I'm asking for enhancements......

Could LinAXEpad accept a filename on its command line?

This would allow me to (after a bit of setting up)
  1. click on a *.bas file in Konqueror and have it open in LinAXEpad
  2. type axepad foo.bas at the "$" prompt in a terminal window and have it open for editing

Thanks,
Nigel