AXE201

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
It is until we get new parts from Microchip, they have a very long lead time on the newly released PIC parts. As soon as we get parts we will make them up. The AXE200 is still available.

eclectic

It is until we get new parts from Microchip, they have a very long lead time on the newly released PIC parts. As soon as we get parts we will make them up. The AXE200 is still available.
Thanks for the info.
I already own a AXE200, but I'm looking at controlling
four separate pwmout pins for an RGBW LED unit.

For the moment, I'll carry on with
trying pairs of 18M2.

e

papou.79

Hi All,
My last Email (2019-03-30) to the support (support@picaxe.com) remained unanswered, and that's why I'm resting my question here.

I just bought Picaxes "AXE201" for a new development and unfortunately I received them without any documentation with.
The only partial info I have, is in your Getting-Started pp.36-37 ( 2 pages ) :cry:
I'm just looking for the AXE 201 full schematic circuit, as you provide it with your other modules.
Indeed in your other module to use "Serial IN / Out" there is a strap for "OUT / PROG", nothing on the AXE201 !
Another question, on AXE201 you have 0V on pins DIL 27 and 4! are they strapped inside the circuit or must we strap them outside?
Thanking you in advance for your help
Best regards.
papou.79

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
My last Email (2019-03-30) to the support (support@picaxe.com) remained unanswered, and that's why I'm resting my question here.
We are sorry to hear you did not receive our reply. That was sent on 2019-04-02 but unfortunately it seems the email did not get through, so I have included it below with email details etc removed, a couple of minor typo's corrected -

=============================================================

Unfortunately we do not have a full circuit diagram nor any additional published data on the AXE200/AXE201 modules. The module is basically a PICAXE with the download circuit, a voltage regulator and LED drive circuit on board.

It is our understanding that both 0V legs of the module (legs 4 and 27) are connected internally, and that the Serial In and Serial Out (legs 1 and 2) connect direct to the PICAXE chip.

The following may help in understanding how we believe the circuit is configured. If the circuit appears 'jumbled' in thIs email we would recommend copying and pasting it into NotePad, WordPad or other text editor and selecting a mono-spaced font such as Courier New to view it -
Code:
                           .-----.
            VIN (28) >-----| REG |----.----.------------------<> (25) +5V
                           `--.--'    |    |
                              |       |    `-> PICAXE V+
             LED (3) >--.     |       |
                        |     |      .|.
                       .|.    |      | | 4K7
                   330 | |    |      |_|
                       |_|    |       |
                        |     |       }----.-----------------<> (26) Reset
                       _|_    |       |    |
                  LED _\ /_   |    _| O    `-> PICAXE Leg 1
                        |     |   |_|
                        |     |     | O    .-> PICAXE 0V
                        |     |       |    |
             0V (4) <>--^--.--^--.----^----^-----------------<> (27) 0V
                           |     |
                           |    .|.
             _.--------.   |    | | 10K
            | |      T |---'    |_|
            | | Jack S |---.     |   ___
            |_|      R |---|-----^--|___|--.
              `--------'   |         22K   |
                           |               |
Serial Out / A4 (1) <------^---------------|-< PICAXE Leg 7
                                           |
      Serial In (2) >----------------------^-> PICAXE Leg 6
Regarding the OUT/PROG jumper which is included with some PICAXE circuits, such as the 8-pin range, that is to allow the Serial Out pin to be switched between the programming jack socket and an I/O output line.

This does not exist on the AXE200/AXE201 modules as the on-board jack is permanently wired to Serial Out of the PICAXE. An OUT/PROG jumper can be added externally to leg 1 of the module if it is desired to disconnect I/O from that leg while programming.

In many cases the I/O output pin can remain connected without any adverse effects during programming, and the additional I/O pins available with the module made it more appropriate to not include an OUT/PROG jumper on the module itself.

Hopefully this will answer your questions but, if you do have any more, then please do ask.

Members of the PICAXE community will also be delighted to help if you do have any further questions related to PICAXE hardware, use or programming -

www.picaxeforum.co.uk

All the best,

PICAXE Technical Support.

papou.79

Hello Hippy,
Thank you very much for the schematic diagram and the complementary technical explanations.
Now it's much clearer to me.
Have a nice week-end.
Regards.
papou.79