AXE133Y OLED Display Command Set

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Also note that the 'dimming' commands are not dimming commands as such but simply turn the internal voltage generator on or off. Turning the voltage generator off may cause the display to dim but the datasheets do not detail what the consequences of doing that will be.

mhalbern

Gentlemen,

First and foremost, thank you for your comments.

Hippy, I am aware that there is no "dimming" command per se, however turning off the internal voltage generator is supported by the manufacturers' command protocol without a note of dire consequences; and it does dim the display.

I plan to deploy this device in my instructional program at the college with the dimming feature required for one of the lab experiments, it will be interesting to see whether there is any long term problem.

Again, I appreciate the feedback very much.

mhalbern aka
Michael Halbern
Professor
Mechatronics Department
Sierra College
Rocklin California USA

Find out more about Sierra’s Mechatronics program at: http://www.realskillsrealjobs.com

srnet

Hippy, I am aware that there is no "dimming" command per se, however turning off the internal voltage generator is supported by the manufacturers' command protocol without a note of dire consequences; and it does dim the display.
So for whatever reason the manufacturer has chosen not to describe turning of the internal voltage generator as a 'dimming' command, why might this be so ?

I would agree with Hippy, unless you can substantiate that turning off the internal voltage generator is long term safe for the display, it should not be described as a 'dimming' command.