AXE027 USB drivers

lazer123

Hello, I have been trying to install the AXE027 USB cable for several weeks with no success. I took my computer to the Geek Squad at Best Buy. They tried to install the cable for Vista. They told me that the files are not for Vista. I did click on Vista. They told me the files are for Windows XP and Windows 2000.

Is this correct?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The AXE027 drivers work with Vista ( both 32-bit and 64-bit ). It may be worth using Forum Search for more information or indicate exactly what error message you got when you tried to install the drivers.

Have you tried downloading the drivers again to make sure you have got the Vista drivers ?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Welcome to the PICAXE Forum.

Can you please describe what hardware you are using; which PICAXE and which project board, and can you confirm you installed the Rev-Ed supplied drivers for the AXE027 ?

There is a download checklist in PICAXE Manual 1 which will be worth looking at.

vanlede

i have the picaxe microbot system with the picaxe-20X2.
It works with vista( is not on my pc) but not with windows 7.
i've tried several downloads ( from webside and from cd-rom) but still the same problem that the software for the usb axe027 is not installed.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The original error of 'hardware not found' suggests an AXE027 driver has been installed. You can check with View-> Options -> Serial Port. The AXE027 should be listed and you can also try Scan for USB Cable.

As it all worked on Vista it suggests a hardware issue; wrong serial port selected, cables not fully connected, the battery supply for MicroBot too low, or a Hard Reset needed. Change the batteries and turn the MicroBot power off. Initiate a download then turn the power on when the download shows "Connecting to hardware..."

pjpspencer

I have been trying to load the drivers for the AXE 27 usb cable and I get a message saying 'Please insert the Compact Disc FTDI USB Driver Disk' and then click OK.
Has anyone come acorss this before? I am using the latest driver on WinXP. Any help would be much appreciated.

nick12ab

I have been trying to load the drivers for the AXE 27 usb cable and I get a message saying 'Please insert the Compact Disc FTDI USB Driver Disk' and then click OK.
Has anyone come acorss this before? I am using the latest driver on WinXP. Any help would be much appreciated.
Check that you have extracted all the files from the zip file. Is this using the instructions on the website?