AXE027 USB Cable Driver Preinstaller

inglewoodpete

I'm not sure if this is quite the right place for this but it is for a new installation of the PE v5.4.0

In the last few days I upgraded my desktop PC to Windows 7 32-bit. Since I also had to instal my applications agin, I downloaded v5.4.0 of the PE and installed it, with no obvious problems.

On this PC, I usually use the AXE026 serial cable, since it has a hardware serial port. I also use the AXE027 from time to time, particalarly when I need 2 serial connections to my PICAXE projects.

In opening the PE, I noticed a new option in W7's Rev-Ed sub-menus: "AXE027 USB Cable Driver Preinstaller"

Beauty! I thought, that should make installation of the AXE027 drivers so much easier, so I clicked the menu entry.

The result was the following.
AXE027 Prob.png

I have tried it a couple of times over the last 3 or 4 days and it still doesn't work. Do have any hints on how to get it to load the driver? Or should I just revert to the old way of loading the driver?

Peter

inglewoodpete

Hmm. 2 weeks have passed and 213 'views' and not even a comment from another user.

Is the AXE027 driver preinstaller supposed to work on a new installation of Windows 7/32 ? Yes, I have administrator rights.

Has any one had success or failure here? Technical?

Last edited:

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Apologies for lack of response and I've made a note of the issue.

I believe the preinstaller is intended to work and will have been tested but I guess most people on the forum will already have installed the drivers the old way and - on the principle of don't fix what's not broken - will not have tried the preinstaller or, if they did, had no problem but did not reply.

If there are problems with preinstaller on any Windows version then it should be possible to install from the driver files in the old fashioned manner.

scarborofun

No luck with downloaded AXE027 driver either

Hmm. 2 weeks have passed and 213 'views' and not even a comment from another user.

Is the AXE027 driver preinstaller supposed to work on a new installation of Windows 7/32 ? Yes, I have administrator rights.

Has any one had success or failure here? Technical?
Funny you should say this. I was trying to get it to run for several hours, very frustrating. (Win7 Home Premium on DELL Laptop)
Only after I pulled out the old CD I got when I bought the board and used the drivers off that it worked.
I reckon there is something foul with the downloaded exe file.

gsimpson

The preinstaller doesn't work as described on my machine (win7 64bit home premium). It doesn't create com3
I do use Linux Mint 11 64bit most of the time (dual boot) and AXE027 works fine in Linux. It also works with XP in Virtualbox.
My AXE027 did not come with any CD so I can only work with what can be downloaded.

julesmars

Preinstaller does not work on windows 7. So download the zip files. Follow the How to install AXE027 for windows7, listed in the forum.