axe027 driver

Gapak

I have installed the Picaxe software on my PC ( Windows Vista) and the axe027 cable driver. The system works well and I have downloaded several of my Logicator flowsheets to my project boards. Now I am trying to install Picaxe on my laptop(Windows 7); I can draw Logicator flowsheets but I cannot get the axe027 driver installed. I have used the axe027 documentation but I am getting nowhere? it seems that Windows does not recognize that the cable has been inserted. I have 3 USB ports, have tried all of them.
Thanks for any guidance.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I cannot get the axe027 driver installed. I have used the axe027 documentation but I am getting nowhere? it seems that Windows does not recognize that the cable has been inserted.
Unfortunately Windows does not always seem to do what it is meant to after running the pre-installer and the best solution is to manually install the drivers as described in the AXE027 installation guide -

http://www.picaxe.com/docs/axe027.pdf

The two things to ensure for manual installation are -

1) That the files are extracted from the .zip to a separate directory on disk. If not the files may appear to be seen by Windows Explorer but not by Device Manager.

2) When pointing device manager to the extracted directory, the top level directory is selected; the one containing the 'amd64' and 'i386' sub-directories.

Also note that the installation is a two-step process. If the second step is not completed then there will be issues in accessing the installed AXE027 cable.