axe022 differences?

john2051

Hi
Can technical please confirm that the axe022 proto board incorporate a 16MHz resonator instead
of the usual 4MHz. Will all future shipments be this way?

Thanks & regards john

westaust55

I note there was no reply to this post.

The on-line store page make no reference and the datasheet from that webpage is still indicating 4 MHz responator

A 16 MHz resonator will allow both the X1 and X2 parts to operate a maximum speed.
As I understand, irrespective of which emxx parameter is used for SETFREQ the PICAXE chip will operate at the clock frequency of the resonator (*4 for X2 parts). That would preclude operation a default speeds where greater timing accuracy was sought but there is a position for a second resonator with two jumpers to select between the two.

tarzan

AXE022 self assembly kit

It would be nice to have the self assembly kit available for purchase at Rev Ed.
As the AXE022 is the only board from Rev Ed for the 40X2 that is suitable for installing into projects, it would be best to have one that is fully customizable.

john2051

Hi, I did ask the question on the support address, this is re-iterated by technical above. I also
notice that the solder pads appear much brighter and easier to solder. I agree with you Dan it would be
convenient in a kit form, as you say the only 40pin board. I think these are really good boards, you can
have three rows of pins or sockets depending, per port. Westy, was it you that did the schematic for this board?
that was helpful too.
thanks to all, regards john

westaust55

Yes, I had posted a schematic covering most of the circuitry for the AXE022 in the past.

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

geoff07

I agree they are good boards. But if they ever get remade, perhaps use of 0.1" pitch for the pads would allow a header to span 0v, 5v, and a port pin and make connectivity that bit easier.