AVG + logicator

JPB33

As a very newbie I have been trying unsuccessfully to download and open logicator but cannot do this because of AVG. Tried some of the suggestions on previous threads without success. Not ordered any hardware yet and I wondered if installing the software from the CD overcomes the AVG problem or at least makes it fixable?

Thanks

JPB33

Thanks, tried that but I end up with error message 1309 when I try and install it. Googled this but most of the solutions look a bit dubious, ie install some software to check he registry---anyone any suggestions or is it worth waiting for the disc or will this have the same problems if its my computer?

nick12ab

Try uninstalling AVG and install some better antivirus that doesn't compensate for its poor detection engine by having a high false positive rate.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Installing from CD is unlikely to fare any better than downloading and installing.

The best solution without uninstalling AVG seems to be to disable AVG to complete the Logicator installation, then add the Logicator home directory to AVG's exception list.

JPB33

Thanks for the advice everyone. Found that I had to disable AVG, download it direct from the picaxe site, log off the internet, open and save etc, then add it to AVG exceptions with AVG still disabled and now it works fine. I tried the link suggested but even with AVG knocked out it did not like it and missed the final meg or so off sometimes also gave an error 1309 message.

So alls well that ends well, next challenge is figuring out Logicator!