Availability?

adumas77

I downloaded the demo version.. Is the production version already out there for purchase? if so, where does one get it?

Incidentally I tried the demo version - and it is cool in some regards, annoying in others... I can't save anything and I can't execute anything - so, it is hard to really test it out.

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The software will be available from december.

The demo allows you to run the samples in the (Demo Samples) folder only.

Saving - well, it is a demo not the full version! If people could save, print and execute their own files in the demo then why would they buy?!

adumas77

Well, I was thinking a 30 day activation period - if after 30 days are up, then the save/print/export functions don't work - or, if needed, the whole product doesn't work...

I was also wondering about stripboard layout features... Will / can it output something that can help layout a stripboard?

Appreciate your help.

adumas77

Just another follow up question.

A lot of simulation programs like PSpice have a component library.. The picaxe chip is not included... If I want to use PSpice, how do I get the Picaxe component (e.g., Picaxe 08m or 14)? Can I download this from somewhere? Just trying to move things along until the VSM program is out...

BeanieBots

Quote from the on-line store page selling PICAXE VSM.

"PICAXE VSM - the circuit simulator for PICAXE projects. PICAXE VSM allows on-screen simulation of PICAXE circuits using animated circuits and Berkeley SPICE circuit analysis.
"

I would say that is a fairly good indication that it will have models of the PICAXE.
A PICAXE simulator that can't simulate a PICAXE would be stretching even the most lax of trade descriptions!

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
pspice (& spice in general) is an analogue simulation system, it does not handle 'microcontroller' parts, so you can't merge a PICAXE model into any spice application like you could, for instance, an op-amp or transistor.

That is the purpose of VSM - to 'merge' spice and PICAXE simulation together.