Attachment.php - all listings ...

JimPerry

Has the forum software changed? All program listings now seem to save as Attachment.php. Using Windows 7 pro 64bit.

Is it only me? :confused:

Paix

Hi Jim, do you mean the code between ['code ]tags? I haven't noticed any difference and can still scrape and copy them as before.

geoff07

Your attachment was 'attachment.bas.txt' and opened in a text editor, as expected. But then I'm using Ubuntu.

JimPerry

Just ran a Virtual XP machine and logged in - attachments work as expected -- must be a "feature" of Win 7 Pro 64-bit :confused:

Last edited:

Paix

Not a problem at this end, SUSE Linux 12.2, offered to open it in Kwrite (an editor). I suspect that it has to do with the default handling of one or other of the extensions on the file, but have forgotten how to change the default in Windows.

JimPerry

Firefox and Opera all work fine as well - ahh well .. just have to move my Picaxe home page from IE11 to Chrome or Mozilla :rolleyes:

Goeytex

I just " Updated ???" IE 10 with IE 11 on Win 7 and got the same issue.

Goto > tools > Compatibility View Settings > then add < picaxeforum.co.uk > to the list.

Seems to have solved the problem

EDIT: Then I immediately switched back to my regular browser (Firefox 27.0.1)

inglewoodpete

I just " Updated ???" IE 10 with IE 11 on Win 7 and got the same issue.

Goto > tools > Compatibility View Settings > then add < picaxeforum.co.uk > to the list.

Seems to have solved the problem

EDIT: Then I immediately switched back to my regular browser (Firefox 27.0.1)
Thanks for the tip Goeytex. I knew there must be a reason why I was resisting the change to IE11:). In life, there are many occasions where it is best not to be a trendsetter!

Goeytex

Makes me wonder how many sites will be need to be added to the compatibility list for various reasons. I abandoned IE many years ago because of the multitude of security problems and privacy issues. I replaced it with Firefox Ver 3.x and have been using it ever since.

JimPerry

Slight update: When in compatability mode with IE11 downloads work fine - BUT- images never display when clicked on ... close then click again and image displays. The joys of Windoze :eek:

Paix

It would be if the prime time was dictated by the Redmond crowd. I well remember when companies wrote their web pages for IE5 etc.as standard.

The fact that different IE versions weren't consistent never helped their case either.