Another Win7 which won't install AXE007 cable...

Grogster

In my case it was the installer exe file NOT the zip, which I am going to try next...

Installer tries to repeatedy install the driver over and over and over in my case.

Run the exe for the first time(yes, administrator), give 7 the normal permissions to something wanting to install, and it DOES complete fine, but then re-runs and tries to install again and again. I let it do it twice, thinking it must need something else, but when it tried to run the third time, I cancelled it.

Can someone clarify if this is normal for the installer, or is my case something unusual?

Anyway, 7 hums and whirrs for a while, then spits back that it can't install the device, as there is a missing USB-serial port driver.

In Device Manager, 7 DOES see the PICAXE 007 cable there under USB system controllers, but there is also a item in the list - USB Serial Port - which refuses to install.
Letting Windoze try a search for a driver results in a fail.

I will now try the ZIP method...

Grogster

ZIP method worked fine.

Use Device manager - remove any copy of 027 under USB system controllers, and also the USB serial port.

Plug cable in - auto-install by Windoze fails, as expected.
Go to Device manager again, right click on PICAXE 027 cable, select install updated software, or words to that effect.
Completes.
Then windowz moans that it can't install the serial port driver.
Same as above on the USB Serial Port option, this install the driver for that.

All happy and contented.
:)
(Windoze, I mean)

jack912

Can't load driver for the AXE27 cable on windows 7. After I unzip the driver I have

ZIP method worked fine.

Use Device manager - remove any copy of 027 under USB system controllers, and also the USB serial port.

Plug cable in - auto-install by Windoze fails, as expected.
Go to Device manager again, right click on PICAXE 027 cable, select install updated software, or words to that effect.
Completes.
Then windowz moans that it can't install the serial port driver.
Same as above on the USB Serial Port option, this install the driver for that.

All happy and contented.
:)
(Windoze, I mean)
Can't load driver for the AXE27 cable on windows 7. After I unzip the driver I have three files created from the zip file,adm64.i386 and Static .The driver doesn't load on the first, second or third (etc).

jack912

What did you do? Did you follow the instructions?
I followed the instructions all the way. Which file ( I unzipped the driver to the Desktop ) do I try , adm64, i386 or Static. I've tried all three with the same results. The Update Driver Software - AXE027 PICAXE USB, screen said , "Windows could not find driver softwar for your device." And " If you know the manufacturer of the device, you can visit its website and check the suppout section for the driver software."

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Which file ( I unzipped the driver to the Desktop ) do I try , adm64, i386 or Static.
You need to select the directory which contains all three sub-folders; presumably the Desktop in your case.