An other 4x4x4 LED cube

Bill.b

with a number of threads posted latley on this subject, I decided to have a go at a 4x4x4 cube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCahhlfBMMk&feature=plcp

I used what parts i had available in my junk box.
1. red LEDs
2. A picaxe 28x2 board that i used on an other project.
3. 16 outputs for 4x4 matrix and 4 outputs for the 4 layers, total of 20 outputs required.

The 28x2 is running at 8meg (default speed) and simple programming, not very neat. I have not used tables or lookups.
the supply is 12vdc therefore blue LEDs could be used.
There is only 10 sequences so far using approximatle 2611 bytes of the 4096 available in slot 0. This can be expanded to about
15 sequences per slot or a total of 60 sequences depending on the complexity of the individual sequences.

I have noted that the LEDs in the video appear the flicker due to the multiplexing, In reality the eye can not see this flicker.
the reason could be the sync (frame rate) of the cam corder used to video the cube.

LEDCube.jpg

cube4x4.jpg

Bill

Last edited:

limaD_07

Hey mate i inteand on building the same cube? Just wondering if you could upload a video of what the code actually does?

Bill.b

sorry for the delay !!!! my service provider decided to upgrade my connection requiring a new modem ( which to time to deliver then didnot work first time.

I had added more sequences than are shown in the youtube clip.

unfortunatly i have used the controller for another project.

Bill.