A virtual breadboard

westaust55

PEBBLE - almost there at V1.0

I created some top view images to represent radial / single sided electros last night and set up the maths so those align with the holes in the bread board.

Considering going for a V1 release on Saturday. Will make it available as ZIP file with all the docs in the correct directories so it can be unzipped in the right structure direct to a C: drive on anyone’s PC and executed from there. They can drag the entire directory structure to any hard drive and provide a shortcut to the html file to run from any location.

The hard drive / memory stick storage requirements are very dependant upon size of drive and disk format structure. By way of example the entire package currently comprises 170 files in 3 directories. Summated file size is 248K. This occupies 770kB on an small 80GB NTFS hard drive, but occupies 5.9MB on a 2GB FAT memory stick.

Have tweaked the text displays for DIODEs and IC’s so that diode part numbers (eg 1N914) and IC names (eg PICAXE 08M) will display in capitals even if the user does not type alpha characters in upper case. So “picaxe 08m” displays as “PICAXE 08M”

Attachments

Last edited:

BCJKiwi

@Westy

Great effort!

Just noticed there is still only one bus top and bottom.
Is it possible to have a red and black bus both at the top and the bottom?

This cuts down on a lot of links that otherwise have to cross from the top half to the bottom half of the board. This helps to keep the layout much cleaner and easier to follow.

Thanks

westaust55

Yes in the next version, I will incorporate variations on the breadboard together with manuka's ubiquitous red and black lines as well as components such as batteries, switches, terminal strips, SIL module.

Its a case of getting one version out into the "wild" for people to play with then build up from there.

oliverhd

Where can i find this breadboard? It looks very nice and i looking now for awhile for such a piece of software.

Thanks,
Oliver

kewakl

something is happening
post are missing

The thread goes from westaust55 04-06-2009, 22:44
to oliverhd Today, 18:13 17-06-2009

i think i hear twilight zone music

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Are you sure posts are missing?

There are at two threads dealing with PEBBLE, the other started after post #123 by westaust55; are the missing posts in that thread ?

moxhamj

I think this thread finished because the Pebble thread took over. I've been posting in the Pebble thread so things stay in the same place.

westaust55

Yes, on the 4th of June I proposed the new name “PEBBLE” since VBB was already in commercial use.
Since there were no significant objections and since I was doing the programming work I started the new thread the next day (5th) under the new package name “PEBBLE”

For for all others who come along, suggest that they go to the PEBBLE thread.