A more pleasant working environment please.

tarzan

I’m using Windows XP Home (SP2) and I assume that it’s the Programmer Editor 4.1.6 to blame for these shortcomings and not Windows.

Firstly: I’d like to be able to select more than one file at a time from within the Programmer Editor, to open or transfer to another folder.

Second: When opening an Adobe Acrobat Document from datasheets folder you have to "right click" then "open with" and finally "Adobe Reader 6.0" to open. If you double click the Adobe Acrobat Document it will open as a .bas file.

Third: When I try to open a .bas file from out side of the Programmer Editor, the Programmer Editor will open but not with the file I selected just a new file window.

If these problems could be fixed I would appreciate it.

Thank you

Dan

niftydog

opening pdfs from within Prog Ed file menu seems a strange way of going about it. Why not use the help menu? It's a unique and very welcome approach. Takes the mystery out of those "AXEXXX.pdf" file names too!

Also, latest version of Acrobat will put an option in the right click menu called "Open With Acrobat 6.0" (or whatever revision it's up to now) So that's one less step!

I agree with you on your third point though. I wish I could just double click a .bas file and have it open.

the_cre8or

i have Visual Studio 6 on my computer, so for your third problem, i don't find tha handy, if i double click it will open in VB not Programming Editor. i find it easy enough just to open the editor and clock file -> recent