A Heron ate my fish.

AndyGadget

Nutria are problematic and disgusting. Keep them out of the UK at all costs!
Already here! - A friend of mine was studying ecology at Uni in Norfolk thirty years ago and used to supplement his student diet with freshly trapped coypu.
Tastes like chicken, apparently.

ValueAdd

I just got a used car horn from my local garage for free. 12v maybe 5 amps.
Getting on with your neighbours and local council 101:
1. Sound the car hour for 5 minutes at 1 am :)
2. Sound the car horn for 5 minutes at 1 am again tomorrow

Paix

I think that a 1 second blip should suffice and don't suppose that stalks do their stalking after dark. That may be a case of anthropomorphism not being a case of black and white (night and day) :)

What's the minimum duration (half second) to give an effective sound burst? A couple of bits of pipe and a servo to close off ports could have the blip appear at different ends of the plot. Movement in one place and sound from a range of areas. More than enough to unsettle your average heroine, even the two legged variety . . .

Shades of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

The real secret with neighbours and the council is a few short blips at 1am, then make sure that for day 2, day 3 and day 4 that the device is powered by a Lipo battery and radio controlled. Placed in the bottom a hedge at various neighbour's property down the street. Not enough time to locate it, but enough to annoy. Skip day 5 and give them two blips on day six. then retire the device and hope that it hasn't been found. Place in hedges that are not in obvious need of clipping to reduce the chances of detection. Must put it on my project list . . .

Last edited:

Buzby

... A couple of those linear servos, a waterproof skin ( long thin balloon maybe ), and of course a PICAXE !.
You could then build some electronic goldfish. Cheaper than real ones, and the herons will soon stop eating them. ...
Why build them when you can buy them : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROBO-FISH-WATER-ACTIVATED-SWIMMING-CLOWNFISH-ROBOT-FISH-GIFT-TOY-1ST-CLASS-POST/261254103654?_trksid=p2047675.m2109&_trkparms=aid=555003&algo=PW.CAT&ao=2&asc=16727&meid=549601683189305049&pid=100010&prg=7906&rk=1&rkt=15&sd=111140533058&