A few CH035 Questions

MurrayJ

I think the 18X and a CH035 board would suit my purpose for a project I am planning, but I am still wondering about a few things.

1. I need to send a serial out so can outputs 0 - 3 do this?

2. It is classed as "High Power" but gives no indication of what the maximun specs might be. If possible I would be looking at the seperate power supplys and using 12V, but what is the maximum amps I could use for a motor?

3. Can the extra outputs be used for servos, and the maximum number that can be used on this board or max for 18X.

papaof2

From picaxe_manual2.pdf:
SEROUT pin,baudmode,({#}data,{#}data...)
- Pin is a variable/constant (0-7) which specifies the i/o pin to use.

--------------

From the CH035 data sheet:
The high power board uses 4 FETs to provide 4 high power digital outputs (rated
at 1.5A each).

Note that you must modify the board to use separate power supplies if the motor requires more than 5 volts. If the motor's stall current (current draw when the shaft is kept from turning) is less than 1.5A, you can use this board. If the stall current is more than 1.5A, you will need an external FET with a higher current rating.

--------------

From picaxe_manual2.pdf:
SERVO pin,pulse
SERVO OFF
- Pin is a variable/constant (0-7) which specifies the i/o pin to use.

The 18X has 8 output pins that you can use for serial out, servo, or on/off control. If you use 4 of those for serial out, then you will have 4 left for other purposes.

picaxe_manual1.pdf has the pinouts for all of the PICAXE chips.

--------------

All the Picaxe manuals and datasheets are available here:
http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/datasheets.htm

John

MurrayJ

A closer reading of the manual and I found the 1.5amp rating, dont know how I missed it on the first page.

The 1.5amps is not enough for my project so maybe the CH030 board would be better and I will run the motors from a proper speed controller.

So is the serial out and servos on the CH030 a problem with the darlington chip on the board?