28x1 firmware v3

ciseco

Hi all,

Today I got a new batch of 28x1's and firmware has jumped from v1 to v3, anyone know whats been fixed? to me the first thing is the "calibfreq-5" I was having to do, I dont appear to have to on this one (the first of 5), might be just the one chip. Just wondering if anyone else knew anything about the different revisions

Cheers

Miles
________
swed

Last edited:

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
According to firmware.txt ...

V0 FIRST PUBLIC RELEASE. ROHS COMPLIANT
V1 CORRECTED ISSUE WITH OUTPINS AND END COMMANDS
V2 ENHANCED OPERATION OF @PTR, @PTRINC, @PTRDEC

No idea what's new in V3 though.

tarzan

firmware.txt

I for one would like to see this information published as soon as it becomes available.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Version 3 are now shipping from Rev-Ed, although it will take a while before all distributors have them.

Version 3 corrects a couple of small issues, the main one being where the scratchpad bytes 15 and 79 could occassionally be corrupted by background hardware receives (hserin or hi2cin). Other fixes are listed below, including recalibration of serin to try to avoid requirement to use calibfreq in some setups.

V0 FIRST PUBLIC RELEASE. ROHS COMPLIANT
V1 CORRECTED ISSUE WITH OUTPINS AND END COMMANDS
V2 ENHANCED OPERATION OF @PTR, @PTRINC, @PTRDEC
V3 CORRECTED ISSUE WITH MISSING CENTRE '0' ON #VARIABLE WITHIN HSEROUT COMMAND
CORRECTED ISSUE WITH DISCONNECT FUNCTION DURING A COUNT COMMAND
CORRECTED ISSUE WHERE BACKGROUND FUNCTIONS COULD OCCASIONALLY CORRUPT SCRATCHPAD BYTES 15 & 79
CORRECTED ISSUE WITH SERRXD (NO TIMEOUT) NOT CORRECTLY OPERATING
RECALIBRATED SERIN COMMAND BAUD RATES FOR INTERNAL RESONATOR TO REDUCE USE OF CALIBFREQ

jmumby

CORRECTED ISSUE WHERE BACKGROUND FUNCTIONS COULD OCCASIONALLY CORRUPT SCRATCHPAD BYTES 15 & 79
Also I am still suffering from the 16th byte corruption EVERYTIME this is not the lantronix so I assume the picaxe has a firmware bug.
"..so I assume the picaxe has a firmware bug."

Possibley, but re-arrange these words in the correct order to find the usual solution:-
"tools" , "blames", "his", "A" ,"always", "workman", "bad"
Apart from my inability to count I find myself vindicated. So does this mean I get a discount on my next 28x1 purchase? Even a work around would suffice.