28x1 and background hserin (VSM)

dog

To Technical -
It would appear that the background hardware serial receive is still not supported on the simulated 28x1.
(Version = VSM patch 1.0.3)

I have a couple of questions -
1, Any idea when this function will work?
2, Do you have a list of what functions do not work on what chips?

The above problem does not report any error. I wasted a fair amount of time trying to work out what I was doing wrong before finding a single post about the beta 28x1 simulation being available and that this and other functions were not working.

Thanks,
Dog

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
No background hardware receive (serial or i2c) are supported due to simulation limitations. These are the only functions that do not operate.

We will look at creating a warning message in the log file if you try to do this.

PiCaxeDB

i2c memory chip

I am trying to use a i2c 256kb mem chip in a circut with a pic 28X or 28x1 but can't get it to work in simulation. Is this because this function does not work yet, and if so is it planed to be made functional any time soon.
I was checking to see if I was just making some error and found in the "command" file demos that it does not work as well.
I replaced the memory chip just deleted it and placed the same chip back, but the memory in the chip was clear and the sumilation does not write anything to the chip.

I am fairly new to this I could be just making a simple mistake.

Attachments